New Year, New Me

(no joke I have a pinterest board named after this post)

So I have decided that it has been far too long. I am going to make this blog my saving grace of sanity. Things in life have changed so much. To catch everyone up to speed, I am now divorced... Single Mom. Those words are still a little hard to swallow. This came about this past summer in July. At first it was really difficult to understand and accept, but I now know that this will truly be for the best. So now it is Little Spooner and me taking on the world together, one day at a time. We have been having a wonderful time at that.
While 1 man walked out of my life this year a new one entered. This past summer I was blessed with a nephew. For being my little sister, she makes me so proud. I now understand the difficulty my sister and mother had with buying baby clothes for Little Spooner. It is impossible for me to go to a kids clothing store and not walk out with something for him. While it is soo much fun dressing Little Spooner, little boys can be dressed like such little gentlemen.
We entered the land of being 3 years old this year. That in itself is pure madness. (for any of you who might have children that is 'nuff said)

The reason for starting up the blog posts again is to keep me focused on my resolutions for 2013. I put some thought into these, and this is what I would like to accomplish for this coming year.
1. Be Healthier. Notice how I did not just put lose weight, because it really has so much more to do with changing my lifestyle. Sure I need to lose weight, but I can't focus on that. I do not think that it sends a good message to Little Spooner to be focusing on losing weight all the time. To be healthier I need to make better choices. Work out more, eat healthier foods ,take vitamins, less alcohol (this will be difficult), maybe find a therapist... I know, but mental health is important, and I think that is the one part of the self that people forget. (if you live in the CLE+ area and have any suggestions I am open to some).
2. Keep up the blogging. I was blogging pretty regularly there for a while, and it gave me something to do and kept me motivated to not just sit around wasting time. I wouldn't mind blogging at least 2-3 times a week. For now we will aim for 2 a week. :)
3. Take classes. I need to broaden my horizons. I find I live in this little bubble, and I wait for people to give me opportunities to do something, when really I need to carpe Diem and make my own opportunities for getting out there. So I intend on taking some cooking classes, sewing classes, and possibly some kind of art/photography/pottery classes. I guess I could probably take some classes towards my BSN as well... Lord knows I need to get that done ASAP.

I already have a lot of ideas on how this year will be so amazing. On top of all of this, I am planning on taking a page out of Carrie Underwood's book, and let "Jesus take the wheel", because clearly when I take matters into my own hands and out of his, I end up in this boat. :) He has already changed so much in my life in the past 5 months, that I can only imagine how even more amazing my life will get.

Comments

Popular Posts