For the Love of Billy Blanks...

I need to know how to get over this "Mommy Guilt". I have never been able to put a label on how I feel sometimes when it comes to the  amount of time I am able to spend with Little Spooner. Working full-time, and working an off shift (3-11), I find it difficult to get everything done around the house that needs to be done (being a single mom on top of a full-time worker), and still feel like I give Little Spooner the attention that she deserves/requires. So I read this blog entry. I especially feel guilty when I drag Little Spooner along with me to the gym. I know she enjoys it, but in my brain I hate trying to justify taking her to the kids area to play and give up even an hour with her, when my time feels so limited some days. Long story short, this woman after reading her post, has me ready to cancel the gym membership and just buy a treadmill. That is really the only reason I NEED to go to the gym. I can buy the workout DVD's (or break out the old Tae Bo dvd's and vhs that I HAD to have when I was in high school), and I can purchase a few sets of dumbells. I know what I need to do, I just feel that I would not feel as guilty about my workouts, and with the treadmill being right in my home, I might be more eager to get up before Little Spooner and get the running in then, or even after work/she goes to bed. I am sure that there are plenty of other moms who deal with this...

Like the other blogger said, by me demonstrating to my child healthy living habits, it is a good thing to teach her. But there are days that I feel like she sits in front of the TV all day while I clean my house. She's getting to the age where I am including her in the cleaning and picking up of toys, making her bed, etc... but what I really want to be doing is just having fun with her. Doing fun things, going fun places... One day soon I need to find the happy balance. Before she gets too big, it's happening rather fast :-(  - Mommy Spooner

Comments

Popular Posts