Fairwell Evil Temptress, I mean, Friend...

I am not sure why I torture myself with these things... but there is 1 thing that I love to do late at night on the computer (no it is not what you are thinking)... I LOVE to get on a real estate company website and just search for homes that are for sale. LOVE IT! I have a lot of friends who now own their own homes (very grown-up of them). Some of them have built brand new homes, some of them bought older homes, never-the-less, they own homes. While I rent a wonderful home that is perfect for Little Spooner and I, I constantly have this large void inside of me that longs to have a home that is mine. That I can paint whatever color I want. Or remodel the kitchen and bathroom if I want. Or hang a whole wall full of pictures up on the wall if I want, and not have to worry about filling all the little holes before I move out. I have decided this evening that this "longing" to own a home will no longer be a "longing"... I am going to make this dream come true and purchase my own home. This all coming from the girl who once uttered the words "I will never buy a home because then I will be stuck where ever that home might be".

Tonight I sat down and set-up a budget. I was A-O-K with said budget until it was pointed out to me that my Starbucks addiction would either have to be worked into my "entertainment allowance", or nixed completely... If you know me, Mommy Spooner, you know that you might have well delivered a punch to my stomach.
Pinned ImageI will admit that on a normal month I probably spend anywhere from $30-$50 a month on Starbucks Coffee (I could sponsor a small child in Africa for that much.. its sickening really). I am a Gold Card Member (and have been for about 1.5 years now). I will stop and get a coffee at least 2-3 times a week before work (I work 4 days a week). I own a Keurig.. but it really just isn't the same. I have been using it more frequently, but I cannot make a Skinny Caramel Macciato in a Keurig. When I tell you I want to go on a country wide road trip and stop in Seattle just to visit the original Starbucks I am not kidding. Sickening.


So Why am I writing about my affinity for the money sucking Starbucks? Because I am quitting my evil temptress, cold turkey. Yep, once the balance on my card is emptied I will no longer be visiting Starbucks, unless it is coming out of my allowance, or it's my birthday and I get a free beverage. :) My love for over-priced espresso beverages, is not enough to overcome my want to purchase a house. This is one of my new years resolutions, to be smarter with money. I plan on sticking to this budget strictly for the next 12-24 months. Hopefully one day in the next 2 years I will have my dream house, and then I can post, "The House that Starbucks, literally, Built"... take that SBUX- Mommy Spooner

Comments

Popular Posts