Date Night at the Zoovies


Music Man and I spent this past Friday night out with some amazing people, an had a spectacular time. A few months back I received and e-mail for an Event at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, "Night at the Zoovies". It's a 21 and up event for adults. They offer an open bar, appetizers, and snacks for movie time, AND we got to watch "Back to the Future". You can also meander through the Outback portion of the zoo, along with enjoying the amazing Elephant Crossing exhibit they have.
Well we started our night at new Ohio City hot spot Town Hall on W25th. While I've been there for lunch prior to this visit, this was a different kind of experience. 
We got there around 5:30, and we were seated right away (with a table for 6), I was super shocked by this. We ordered a few adult beverages (beer for music man, wine for me). Once a few more friends got there we ordered their chicken and black bean nachos and a few more drinks. This is when I was introduced to what they call an "Emulsion". It is a flavored vodka and they purée fruit, herbs, etc, and combined them for an amazing concoction. I had the Indigo emulsion. This little slice of heaven was made up of, Kettle One Citreon + Limoncello then a purée of Blueberries, Basil, Lemon and Simple Syrup. Weighing in at $10 a pop this is definitely something to sip on. While delicious, I must wan you, it was strong. I wish I would have gotten a good pic of this drink for you because it was presented so pretty... The indigo purée and one large ice cube...
That's my purple beverage in the photo
So after a little grub and pup we moved on over to the Zoo. A great time was had by all! Looking forward to the next Adult Zoo event. :-)- Mommy Spooner

Comments

Popular Posts