Cleveland Auto Show

Took a break from the mundane tasks of school last night. So I decided to torture myself last night by going to the Cleveland Auto Show.  I do this to myself every year... one might think I'd learn. NOPE! I am like an addict when it comes to the sparkle and shine of the pretty polished cars.  Not to mention the smell of the fresh leather interior. It's intoxicating, really.  I do not think one person should ever be able to say "this is super cute" as many times as I did yesterday.  This is how I gauge what cars I like. It has to be cute from the outside.  Rounded, smooth, have "cute" headlights and come in an acceptable color. How a car has cute headlights is beyond me, but they can... Newer BMW's have headlights that make them appear to be smiling (I'd be smiling too if I was driving in a BMW, BTW).  Anyway, back to cars I can feasibly afford... The inside of the car is what really matters though. It needs to be functional, and not just cute but "super cute". Most girls/women will understand what I am saying when I speak of "super cute" vs. just plain cute.
To qualify for "super cute" a car must have the following... The inside of a car must have a pretty dash board with lots of blue and red lights (or "ambient" lighting). The cup holders must be convenient, and there should be 2. The ford fusion really completes this mission. It not only had 2 cup holders but there were blue lights around the tops of them. I have a friend who drives a fusion, and her car is super cute inside (I'm pretty sure she can change the color of those cup holder lights in her car too which is great).  I have never been one to oogle over "American" cars (I know I'm horrible... I am European at heart) but I stopped and took a second look at the fusion on the way out of the show.  So pretty lights and proper, ergonomic, placement of needed amenities is VERY important to me.
Another issue is space.  I have a small child, still in a large car seat, with really looong legs (or so it seems because she cannot help but put her snowy wet feet up on my passenger seat these days).  Not that I am ever in the backseat of my own car, but I am sure that future passengers would appreciate my thoughtfulness.  The car that accomplished this for me was the Hyundai Sonata.  Having almost purchased one of these a while back, that was one of the huge selling points for me.  Little Spooner could sit in her seat and almost not reach the seat in front of her.  But my Dad during the test drive sat in the back and did not feel cramped in the least.  The Sonata also accomplishes the task of cute, sleek, outside and "super cute" interior.
So needless to say there are several cars that I will have to chose between when the time comes for me to make that big purchase (my stomach hurts just thinking about the buyers remorse that will ensue with making such a LARGE financial commitment).  The line-up of cars that I would consider are as follows... Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Mazda 6 (I was pleasantly surprised by this car), and perhaps a Ford Fusion.  Having had an SUV for the past 6 years, I think a change is needed (although I was BLOWN AWAY by the size of the trunks that these sedans were sproting)... but if I could get a good deal the GMC Terrain is the vehicle that really has my heart.
2014 GMC Terrain Small SUV in Quicksilver Metallic with available equipmentThen there is the side of me that wants to be impractical and fun and get a Jeep Wrangler or a VW Beetle Convertible (ONLY a convertible one). Little Spooner would love either of those last 2... but alas I am a practical person... So I will now spend the next week or so in new car envy, jonesing for a hit of that new car smell, or a glimpse of the sparkliness. However car dealerships provide me with a sense of stress just walking onto the lot that I will not endure until absolutely necessary.
If you did not attend the car show this year, it is highly recommended that you attend next year.  It is fun to see some of the concept cars, and to be able to daydream of what car you would buy if there was no financial limit.- Mommy Spooner

Comments

  1. Yes jess I can change the color of my ambient lights in my car. Mazda is not a bad car. Please please I beg of you to stay away from Kia. American made is the best way to go for cars (and I have always bought into that....not just because Of John lol) support your Ford/Chevy workers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts