Meatball Stroganoff

The other day I was seriously jones-ing for some meatballs. After passing up what was supposed to be "phenomenal" meatballs at Lavo in Las Vegas, I was cursed with the craving.  But I did not want store bought frozen meatballs.  So I decided to venture a little into my own "cooking" expertise.  This is what I used...
For the meatballs...
Ground Turkey
Bread Crumbs
Egg
Cheddar Cheese

I mixed all the ingredients together and formed them into little balls and baked them at 400 degrees (I think) for 20 minutes.










For the sauce...
Mushrooms
Sour Cream
Beef Broth
Salt, Pepper
Garlic Powder
Garlic Salt
Butter

I started by sauteing the mushrooms in butter.  Seasoned them with garlic salt and powder. Once they were done I added some beef broth to help cook off some of the good flavor that was on the bottom of the pan.  Then added some sour cream along with a little more seasoning.  The recipe that I adapted this form called for adding cream cheese, but I found it to be unnecessary. Little Spooner and I ate this over egg noodles with edamame on the side (may seem odd, but we love it). Music Man was upset that he never got to try this... the leftovers went fast at lunch time the next day. - Mommy Spooner
P.S. Lot's of projects are going to be happening around the house this week... pictures to follow!

Comments

Popular Posts