Spinach Lasagna Rolls

These lovely bites were courtesy of pinterest. I think I have seen them posted about a thousand times. The actual assembly of these was more difficult than I had anticipated, but I think it was the noodles that I used. I used Aldis lasagna noodles, and while I do not think it was the brand I used, they had some sort of perforations on them, which is helpful if you are making regular lasagna, not so much for lasagna rolls. So anyways... Preheated my oven to 350. Boiled the noodles to the point where they were soft enough to be rolled without breaking. While those were boiling I mixed together some ricotta cheese, an egg, some Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and spinach leaves in a bowl. I also began browning some ground turkey in a pan. Once done boiling I laid out the noodles on the table on a Tupperware mat that I have for some reason (it worked perfectly for this project) and dried them. I put the cheese mixture alongside the middle of the noodles lengthwise. Then rolled up the noodles and placed them in a 9x13 glass dish. After everything was rolled, I added some spaghetti sauce to my browned turkey meat. Then the sauce was spread over top of the rolls. Topped with some mozzarella cheese, covered with foil and placed in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 mins is up take the foil off and bake for another 10 minutes.

This deliciousness was made for Little Spooner and her P-Papa. He was so gracious enough to babysit while I had to attend my "Co-parenting Class" with Little Spooners Dad.
So re-cap of what is needed:
     Lasagna Noodles
     Spaghetti Sauce
    1 package of Ricotta Cheese
    Grated Parmesan Cheese
    Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    1 egg
    2 Handfuls of baby spinach leaves
    1lb of ground Turkey
    Salt Pepper and Italian Seasoning
*You could use chicken, or no meat in this as well.    
I know that this is not exact... But make it your own- Mommy Spooner


Comments

Popular Posts