Motivation

It might seem a little harsh, but this chick has GOT to get serious about this stuff!!
So I started some Spring cleaning on my day off yesterday. I found a tote full of clothes that I haven't been able to wear in probably 5 years. I'm talking jeans that I spent LOTS of money on and there is even a pair I literally wore 1 time (along with a pair of khakis that I LOVE!). I cant get rid of these because you cannot find flared jean anywhere (maybe theres a reason for that but its truly the only cut that flatters my "shape"- if you would call it that). And there is a Sweater I bought from J Crew that I love as well and haven't had the heart to get rid of. Deep down inside there is a BIG part of me that knows that one day I will wear these clothes again, and I know that it will be expensive to re-buy clothes that fit me at that new size. It's exaclyt the reasoning I use for not buying a ton of new clothes for my self now, because "I'm losing weight, right?"... sure. For those of you that know me, I am not incredibly "trendy" so most of the stuff I have is fairly versatile and will be wearable in the months to come.

Well I placed all of those clothes that I just can't bear to get rid of on one side of my closet. I placed a sign on the door of that side to motivate me. I'm giving myself til August to fit into most of those clothes or they are going to the consignment store (might as well make a few bucks off of them to go towards new clothes somewhere down the road). HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE- Mommy Spooner

Comments

Popular Posts