Hiatus...

I have been off of facebook now for over 2 weeks, and I must say, it is wonderful! I think it is horrible that people even have to talk about how wonderful it is to not be on facebook, or even talk about their "facebook usage" being a problem... What has the world come to??? Don't get me wrong, facebook is very useful for things like keeping in touch with family who don't live near, and sharing pictures of Little Spooner with the grandparents (along with aunts, uncles and cousins), staying in contact with friends.  But what has happened to letter writing, and phone calls and SEEING people?? The more I thought about it, why do I have to be friends with people on facebook. Maybe I should make the effort to call them, or speak to them, not to mention all the people who I never wanted to be friends with when I knew them, yet somehow they crept back into my life via facebook because we went to school together?? Trust me I'm guilty of it as well.

AND I digress...

Just wishing life in general right now could rewind back to a simpler time when things weren't so advanced, and kids listened/respected to their parents and elders, and they could get disciplined at school, . How do we get back to the morals and standards of the 40's and 50's? When families were families, and life seemed to be so easy. Not that I expect life to ever be easy, just maybe a little more forgiving, and nicer at times. Maybe we need to slow down and take a look at how we really want things to be, and make the effort ourselves to rewind our lives.

Comments

Popular Posts