Carrot Cake Cheesecake

 
This is not my first (or even second for that matter) attempt at some form of Cheesecake. The only other kind of cheesecake I have ever attempted is a Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake and that has been successfully made twice! This year for Easter dessert I tried my hand at my favorite from The Cheesecake Factory. It did not disappoint. The only thing I omitted was the coconut, and that was out of pure laziness of not wanting to run back out to the store. Even without it, it was AMAZING.  I even surprise myself sometimes. 

 
The recipe I followed was from a blog called "Sifting Focus". A very cute name I must say, but I actually found it on Pinterest, and the pin lead me to her blog. This process begins by making the cheesecake part and keeping it in a bowl. Than, you make the carrot cake batter. Grease up a 9" springform pan, pour about a cup and a half of the cake batter in the bottom of the pan and spread it around evenly. Than plop heaping spoonfuls of the cheesecake batter throughout. Then repeat with heaping spoonfuls of carrot cake batter. DO NOT swirl them together. Top with cheesecake batter and spread it around. Then you bake it. Once it is baked through and cooled, you can frost it with the AMAZING Pineapple Cream Cheese frosting that comes with the recipe... SOO GOOD. This was a huge hit with the fam, VERY close to the real deal.
--Mommy Spooner--

Comments

Popular Posts