Cheeseburger Meatloaf


This meal was the ultimate in comfort food. What I made was Cheeseburger Meatloaf. Nothing about the name Meatloaf sounds appetizing... its like pimento loaf, or salmon loaf... gross. But meatloaf is a WHOLE nother ball game of wonderful. This recipe did not require much, and actually I stole it from here... The only thing I did differently was I used a store bought meatloaf "mix" that had beef, pork and veal all in it (GASP... yes VEAL!). Let me tell you this is the best meatloaf I have EVER made. Here is how I did it... Pre-heat oven to 350 (I hate when I forget to preheat), so do that first.

1.5lb Ground Meatloaf mix (or beef or turkey)
1 Egg
1 cup bread crumbs
A couple handful and a half of shredded cheddar
Some garlic salt (everything is better with garlic salt)
--- Mix all of the deliciousness together with your hands. Then press into the bread pan. Next you are going to mix 1/2 a cup of ketchup with 1/2 a cup of brown sugar together and pour on top of the meat loaf and spread around. Cook for about 55-60 minutes. The only thing that would have made this meal better, and I will probably experiment with it next time, is putting some diced onions in it and maybe some small diced dill pickles... Who knows. I know, I know, when I start experimenting, that's when things turn into the Not so Stellar Dinner (you can see that here)... I also made BOXED scalloped potatoes and broccoli. :) Little Spooner actually enjoyed the meatloaf, but was convinced she did not like scalloped potatoes. When I called them cheesy potato's she was OK with that. This was super easy, maybe not super healthy judging by all the grease you can see at the bottom of my pan, but it stayed in slices and did not crumble. :) -- Enjoy- Mommy Spooner

Comments

Popular Posts