Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

I have wanted to make strawberry rhubarb ANYTHING for quite some time. I can still taste the first ever strawberry rhubarb pie I ever had. My grandma made it, and I can still, to this day, remember the tartness of the rhubarb & sweetness of the strawberries. So amazing! So while we were perusing the produce section, Little Spooner and I came across some rhubarb. The flashback of the pie hit me, and I knew that we were going to make strawberry rhubarb something
My sous chef assisting me with some strawberry prep. She's not the most coordinated with the knife, but she did great! 
Mixing up the strawberries and rhubarb. This is a mixture of flour, sugar and cinnamon. It started getting a little juicy, which was perfect for licking the bowl after! Then it was time to make the "crisp" part. This was a mixture of butter, flour, brown sugar and rolled oats. I mixed it too long and it got super clumpy. My teeny tiny kitchen heats up pretty quick when the oven is running (this momma was multi-tasking making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner). So the butter got a little soft in the process. 
Even though the crisp part was lumpy it still turned out amazing... 
This tastes just like I remember my grandma's pie! We paired this with vanilla ice cream and it had Little Spooner begging to take some with her to her dads for the weekend! It is the perfect summer dessert! 
So much for cutting back the sugar this week... :-) -Mommy Spooner





Comments

Popular Posts